slummy mummy

welcome to the world of capuccinos, childcare and afternoon naps.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

mmmmwah!

the hubs always accuses me of turning the little thing into a 'mommy clone'. like when she insists on dipping her croissant into her hot milk (so french), or when she refuses to go in the car seat without her sunglasses (well, that's obvious).

but today i saw evidence that she is indeed picking up some unexpected mannerisms. when i asked her for a kiss she leaned over, kissed the air somewhere far left of my cheek and said, very definitely, "mmmmmmmwah!".

not so much a clone of me as already outclassing me. my one and half year old is air kissing like a fashionista.

8 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

Just a quickie to say that blogger ate my blog. I am not at www.doingitallagain.com

What a pain :(

8:33 AM  
Blogger minnie (haha) said...

Are you going to update your blog? I hope your little newborn is OK! I would also love to hear about bringing up TWO! xx

2:39 PM  
Blogger Veronica Madden said...

Love it - sound's just like my darling daughter. You are doing a great job.

3:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, just a note to say I like your blog. Found it via Mumsnet although I am a British expat stay at home Dad living in southern Germany looking after two kids.

My blog is more about gardening and cookery in Germany but I really should put in parenting stuff too. If you want to follow it click on http://theenglishgardener.blogspot.com/

12:11 PM  
Blogger Salty Rainbow said...

Where ya at?

We need updates!!

7:40 AM  
Blogger Pal said...

i was looking for Allison Pearson kind of writing...witty and true to life and i landed on your blog...and enjoyed every min of reading it.Keep sharing.

1:24 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Is it possible that I am fatter than I was ten minutes ago? Now regretting the ton of stodge ordered whilst husband at cinema having "me time" (his time). Damn and damn. The other day he (the husband) woke up and, without thinking, looked down at my stomach and said "when will those stretch marks disappear?". Ammunition for life.

3:35 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm going to spam this blog in the hopes that 1) you're my estranged partner on Draw Something, and 2) you still check your blog for updates/replies.

My name is Jaerivus.

That is all.

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home