slummy mummy

welcome to the world of capuccinos, childcare and afternoon naps.

Monday, August 07, 2006

help! my husband still fancies me ...

yes, it's true. my husband still fancies me. and i'd probably rather he didn't, right now.

i've told him that 10 days after the birth of a child is not the best time to come on to your wife - he agrees with the logic but says he can't help wanting to catch up on all the sex we missed when i was pregnant.

oh god.

despite the jokiness of our exchanges there is a (for me) frightening sub text. from my research into how women feel about sex after childbirth, we fall into two very different camps.

the first group of women (oh, lucky them), think nothing of breaking the six week ban on post natal sex. 'dying to try it out' and 'horny as hell' were two descriptions of how these women feel about sex.

for the other group of women (including me), it's a kind of 'never would be too soon' approach to sex. add this to the fact that the hubs expects us to be having the rigorous, physically unforgiving athletic kind of sex we had as new lovers. oh dear.

we have what nigel, our therapist, would call 'a gap in expectations'. now ain't that the truth.

luckily, i feel in much better shape physically and mentally than when i had the first little thing. but my reluctance to get back in the saddle as soon as possible is nevertheless there.

and damn, my husband still fancies me. isn't it cruel the way the world works ?

6 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

Haha. Sorry. I can't help but laugh at your last line. Yeah it is SOD'S LAW indeed!

Last time I was pregnant I had NO sex drive at all. We stopped at about 6 months. After I had Molly this surge of desire flowed through me and I counted down the days to the six week yay ok. Then we were at it constantly, partly what I think made us so knackered in those first months.

This time I am still having my normal sex drive. Be interesting to know if the baby is a different sex.

---

While it is great that your other half fancies you, it is no good if you are not in the mood. He needs to be more sensitive to your needs at the moment and if that is sleep, then sleep it is. I know from reading here for a while you are trying your damn hardest with the counselling to solve the issues. If he keeps trying to wear you down with his bedside begging, it is not going to help is it?

I know this is a strang question but do you still fancy him?

8:47 PM  
Blogger slummy mummy said...

not a strange question, ems. just one i need to be asking myself x

8:47 PM  
Blogger Juggling Mother said...

I told Aggie to bugger off and find himself a mistress when he tried to jump on me straight after having the kids:-)

He didn't - but he did back off a bit and stick to cuddles & stroking until I felt a bit more human. It took a fair bit more than 6 weeks before sex was regular again tho.

11:18 PM  
Blogger Eva said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

5:41 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I know I definitely still fancy you for your Draw Something prowess... And I don't know how our game got messed up.

I hope I've found the right online profile, and furthermore hope it's not creepy that I was searching for you in the first place.

Sincerely,
Jaerivus

12:07 PM  
Blogger Dj stone said...

I have just experience the wonders of Dr.Obo love spell, that have been spread on the Internet and worldwide, How he marvelously helped people all over the world to restored back their marriage life and get back lost lovers, and also help to win lottery. I contacted him after going through so many testimonies from different people how he help to bring back ex lover back, i told him about my husband that abandoned me about 7 years ago, and left home with all i had.. Dr.Obo
only told me to smile and have a rest of mind he will handle it all in just 24 hours, After the second day my husband called me he was begging I was just so shocked, i pick the call and couldn't believe my ears, he was really begging me to forgive him and making promises on phone.. He came back home and also got me a new car just for him to proof his love for me. i was so happy and called Dr.Obo and thanked him, he only told me to share the good news all over the world. ( He can also treat other similar spells)
Love Spells
Lottery Spells
winning court case
Divorce spells
Success
Binding spells
Money rituals
Low sperm count
Infertility in women
Breast enlargement/reduction
Penis enlargement/reduction
Health, Well Being
Protection, Healing
Curses, Hex, Breakups
NEW! Combo Spells
High Priestess Spells
Vampire Spells
Authentic Voodoo Spells
Custom, Other Spell,
cancer,kindney,hiv/aids all kinds of health problems
You can reach him via or whatsapp +2347062613231

1:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home