slummy mummy

welcome to the world of capuccinos, childcare and afternoon naps.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

uh huh, oh yeah

it's undeniable that i am now vvvery pregnant. but that's ok cos we're more than seven months in and it's only now getting to tent dress scenario. what's not so ok is the fact that i am going to be giving birth in the next two months. oh hell. yes, the reality has only just crept on me. the reality of facing childbirth again and also the reality of having a newborn baby in the house again.

the little thing has been ill today. it's a reaction from a jab she had earlier in the week, i think. the poor darling has had a raging fever and then started projectile vomming just as we were about to go to the hospital to attend an appointment for me.

it was only an appointment for a jab in the backside so i wasn't too bothered. but as the nurse came towards me muttering 'blood test', holding a syringe and one of those drug addict elastic arm things, the little thing started to scream ( good show, little one) as I bought us time with an assertion that "nobody told me i'd have to give blood today!".

after several painful minutes of negotiation i was let off the ordeal of having a blood test ( a complete no no in the world of slummies, giving rise to episodes of fainting and feeling weak for the rest of the day) on the condition that i would sign a declaration that i had refused 'point blank' to give blood.

ooh, fine - just show me where. if only everything in life was so easy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ice Fairy said...

hello to your tummy and the little thing. hope she's better and can i sign on the dotted line for being let off work/facing reality for next 10 years? xxxx

11:56 PM  
Blogger Kate B. said...

hey slummy

Just found your blog via Emily and I like it.

I also like your pregnancy attitude. If I recall correctly (I try to blank it all out) by seven months my feet were so fat I grew ankle dimples. Ick.

I hope the little thing gets better soon.

Come see us sometime.

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home