slummy mummy

welcome to the world of capuccinos, childcare and afternoon naps.

Friday, November 18, 2005

today it's fabulous friday.

the little thing's at nursery until lunchtime, the husband's coming back tonight after a working week away and I have a beauty therapist arriving at 11 to give me a pedicure and facial. I'm sitting here eating peanut butter on toast, listening to Xfm and thinking that it's a perfectly slummy moment to update the blog.

the grass is frosted with an icy edge and the trees are finally shedding their leaves having held onto them for so long. We're going to a wedding next weekend and the sudden change in weather has nixed my autumn outfit plans. I'll have to buy something new. That's ok as we're somehow a lot richer this week than we were last week - all to do with us both working freelance. But I'm reluctant to spend the money as I'm DREADING the wedding. It's the husband's side of the family, international clique that they are. However, some traditions surpass all boundaries and I'm expecting that unbeatable British wedding cocktail of too much drink, horrid food, hideous occasion wear and of course, a fight.

Now, put it like that and I'm quite looking forward to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home